In 2020 we launched our "Munros 4 MND" fundraising challenge and the support we have received since then has been nothing short of incredible. As well as the unbelievable number of donations to The My Name'5 Doddie Foundation that we have received, we've had numerous offers from people who'd like to join in and support us on the walks - often total strangers looking for a way to get involved and help out!
When we came up with the idea of finishing off Dad's Munros after his MND diagnosis, we decided that as this was a very personal challenge for our family, and our parents in particular, we'd aim to complete the final 15 Munros as a family.
However, the offers of support got us thinking; perhaps we could do an extra hill, and invite everyone to join in!
The logistics involved in getting everyone who wanted to take part to one location to take on the same hill was a bit beyond us (particularly given COVID restrictions) so we came up with the idea of a mass participation event that anyone, of any skill level, in any location, can join in with...
...and so #StepUp4MND was born!
🌟 Sign Up Here 🌟
1. Sign up by using the link above to donate to the "Step Up 4 MND" JustGiving page [recommended sign up donation of £10 per person].
2. Pick a hill and plan your walk. Challenge yourself, but know your limits and stay safe!*
3. Set up your own JustGiving page linked to the main Step Up 4 MND page.
4. Tell everyone you know about your challenge and raise as much money as you can.
5. Treat yourself to some fab MN5D gear to wear on your walk: www.myname5doddie.co.uk/merchandise
6. On the weekend of 7th/8th August have a great time completing your walk in the knowledge that you are doing it all for an incredible cause.
7. Share your photos and tell us all about it #StepUp4MND.
8. Don't forget to follow us on social media @StepUp4MND and @Munros4MND.